COMMON SHIPYARD PRACTICE MODULE
To provide participants with an overview and basic understanding of works and different production processes in the marine industry.
For new supervisors, executives and engineers without marine and offshore engineering background.
· Ship Structures
· Ship and Offshore Systems
· Quality Systems
· Fabrication Processes
· Basic Naval Architecture
· Electrical Systems & Controls
· Welding Processes
· Offshore Structures
· Corrosion Prevention
33 hours (5.5 days)
From 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
The course comprises theory session:
Theory - 32 hours
Test - 1 hour
· At least a Higher National ITE Certificate
Language of Instruction
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI)
The course will be conducted at
ASMI’s Training Room
9 Jurong Town Hall Road
#04-05 Trade Association Hub
Jurong Town Hall
· ASMI Member: $580.00 per participant ($620.60 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Non-ASMI member: S$600.00 per participant ($642.00 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Candidates who have successfully completed the course and pass the course test and assessment will be issued with a Common Shipyard Practice Course Certificate of Performance by Ngee Ann Polytechnic and ASMI.
· Candidates who have successfully completed the course but did not pass the course assessment will be issued with a Certificate of Participation by Ngee Ann Polytechnic and ASMI.
· Registration for the training course must be made using the prescribed Registration Form
available from ASMI.
· Completed Registration Form must be submitted to ASMI, together with the full course fee.
· All cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Association of Singapore Marine
Replacement of candidates is allowed if the substitute meets all entry requirements and request is made at least 3 working days before course commencement.
Any application for refund should be made in writing to ASMI. Refund for Withdrawal:
· 70% - Two weeks before commencement of course
· NIL - Within two weeks before commencement of course
· NIL - On commencement of course
· NIL - Absent Participant
For enquiries, please contact ASMI at Tel: 6264 6436 or Fax: 6264 6486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.