CONFINED SPACE SAFETY COURSE FOR CONFINED SPACE WORKERS/ATTENDANTS (ENGLISH)
To provide participants with knowledge on their WSH responsibilities, characteristics and hazards in confined spaces, safety precautions for working in confined spaces and emergency response procedures.
Workers who are required to enter into or work in confined spaces, and Workers who are required to carry out duties as Confined Space Attendants under the WSH (Confined Space) Regulations.
· Legal Requirements under WSH (Confined Space) Regulations
· Definition and Characteristics of Confined Space
· Roles and Responsibilities of Confined Space Attendant and Workers
· Types of Confined Spaces in Shipyard
· Common Hazards in Confined Space
· Permit-to-work System
· Control Measures for Confined Space Work
· Dealing with Emergency Situations
· From 8.30 am to 12.00 pm or
· From 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm
The course comprises theory and discussion sessions.
Able to read and write in English
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI)
· ASMI Member: $32.10 per participant (inclusive of 7% GST)
· Non-ASMI Member: $37.45 per participant (inclusive of 7% GST)
The course will be held at the Marine Industry Training Centre operated by ASMI and located at:
9 Jurong Town Hall Road
#04-05 Trade Association Hub
Jurong Town Hall
Participants who have successfully completed the course and pass the course test and assessment will be issued a Confined Space Safety Course for Confined Space Workers/Attendants Training Pass by ASMI.
· Registration for the course must be made using the prescribed Registration Form available from ASMI. Completed Registration Form must be submitted to ASMI together with full course fee.
· Payment of course fee must be made before course commencement.
· Cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Association of Singapore Marine Industries’.
Replacement of participant is allowed if the substitute meets all entry requirements and request is made at least 3 working days before course commencement.
Any application for refund should be made in writing to ASMI.
Refund for Withdrawal:
· 100% - Two weeks before course commencement
· 70% - Within two weeks before course commencement
· Nil - On commencement of course
· Nil - No show
For enquiries, please contact ASMI at Tel: 6264 6436 or Fax: 6264 6486 or email [email protected].