MARINE METAL SCAFFOLDING COURSE FOR SUPERVISORS
To provide Marine Scaffold Supervisors with knowledge and skills to design and plan marine metal scaffolds work, supervise erection, alteration and dismantling of scaffolds as well as to carry out inspection and certification of marine metal scaffolds.
Scaffold Supervisors working in shipyards.
· Scaffold Regulations & Safety
· Roles and Responsibilities of a Scaffold Supervisor
· Scaffolding Systems
· Compositions, Types & Uses of Scaffolds
· Handling of Scaffold Materials
· Calculation of Scaffold Weight & Costing
· Ship Structures
· Erect, Alter, Modify & Add Scaffolds
· Inspection of Scaffolds
40 hours (5 days)
· From 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
· Theory - 21 hours
· Practical - 12 hours
· Test/Assessment - 7 hours
· Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents or holders of valid work permits
· Skills Evaluation Test (SET) Certificate in Marine Metal Scaffolding
· Attended Marine Metal Scaffold Course for Scaffolders
· Medically fit
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Association of Singapore Marine Industries
(Approved Training Provider under Ministry of Manpower)
· ASMI Member: $530.00 per participant ($567.10 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Non-ASMI Member: $580.00 per participant ($620.60 inclusive of 7% GST)
COURSE VENUES - Approved Training Centres (ATCs)
· Sembawang Shipyard @ Admiralty Road West
Tel: 6750 6216 Fax: 6750 6112
Participants who have successfully completed the course and pass the course test and assessment, and who possess the Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course Certificates will be issued a Marine Metal Scaffold Supervisor Training Pass and a Certificate of Completion by ASMI.
· Registration for the course must be made using the prescribed Registration Form available from ASMI. Registration Form must be submitted to ASMI, together with one passport-sized photograph, a copy of the identity card or valid Work Permit, and full course fee.
· Payment must be made before course commencement. All cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Association of Singapore Marine Industries’.
Replacement of participant is allowed if the substitute meets all entry requirements and request is made at least 3 working days before course commencement.
Refund for Withdrawal:
· 100% - Two weeks before course commencement
· 70% - Within two weeks before course commencement
· Nil - On commencement of course
· Nil - No show
For enquiries, please contact ASMI at Tel: 6264 6436 or Fax: 6264 6486 or email [email protected].