SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE FOR SHIPYARD WORKERS – GENERAL TRADE (ENGLISH)
To provide participants with basic safety knowledge of working in shipyards including potential hazards and safe practices at work as well as workers’ basic legal employment rights.
Any worker that is going to work in the shipyard.
· Fire and Explosion Hazards
· Permit-To-Work System
· Safety Signs and Fire Evacuation
· Preventive Measures for Other Hazards
· Work Permit Conditions
· Employment Act
· Workmen’s Compensation
· Singapore Laws
7 hours (1 day)
· From 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
· Theory - 7 hours
· Test - 1 hour
· Able to read and write English
· Workers must have arrived in Singapore for not more than 2 weeks
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI)
(Approved Training Provider under the Ministry of Manpower)
· ASMI Member: $35.00 per participant ($37.45 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Non-ASMI Member: $40.00 per participant ($42.80 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Re-certification Test is available for eligible applicants approved by MOM to take re-certification test without attending training course.
· Re-certification Test Fee: $10.00 per pax ($10.70 inclusive of 7% GST)
COURSE AND TEST VENUE
· The course will be held at the Marine Industry Training Centre operated by ASMI and located at:
9 Jurong Town Hall Road
#04-05 Trade Association Hub
Jurong Town Hall
· Re-certification test will be conducted at the same abovementioned venue.
· Participants who have successfully completed the course and pass the course test will be issued with a Safety Instruction Course (SIC) for Shipyard Workers (General Trade) Training Pass by ASMI.
· Participants who passed the Re-certification test will be issued a SIC Pass.
· Registration for the course must be made using the prescribed Registration Form available from ASMI. The completed Registration Forms must be submitted to ASMI together with full course fee.
· Payment must be made before course commencement. All cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Association of Singapore Marine Industries’.
Replacement of participant is allowed if the substitute meets all entry requirements and the request is made at least 3 working days before course commencement.
Refund for Withdrawal:
· 100% - Two weeks before course commencement
· 70% - Within two weeks before course commencement
· Nil - On commencement of course
· Nil - No show
For enquiries, please contact ASMI at Tel: 6264 6436 or Fax: 6264 6486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.