|SHIPYARD SUPERVISOR SAFETY COURSE (ENGLISH)
To provide participants with the knowledge and skills on legal requirements, roles and responsibilities of a Supervisor, workplace safety and health management and risk management implementation.
Foremen and Supervisors supervising a group of workers and works in shipyards.
· WSH Act & Subsidiary Legislations
· Role of Supervisor in WSH
· General Safety in Shipyards
· Vessel Safety Coordination Committee and Permit-to-Work System
· Working in Confined Spaces
· Fire and Explosion Hazards
· Electrical and Falling Hazards
· Safety in Material Handling
· Accident Investigation
· WSH Inspection and Audit
· Risk Assessment
· Occupational Health
32 hours (4.5 days)
· From 8.15 am to 5.00 pm
The course comprises theory and discussion sessions:
· Theory - 29 hours
· Examination - 3 hours
· Able to read and write in English
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI)
(Approved Training Provider under the Ministry of Manpower)
· ASMI Member: $280.00 per participant ($299.60 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Non-ASMI Member: $285.00 per participant ($304.95 inclusive of 7% GST)
· The course will be held at the Marine Industry Training Centre operated by ASMI and located at:
9 Jurong Town Hall
#04-05 Trade Association Hub
Jurong Town Hall
· Participants who have successfully completed the course and pass the course test and assessment will be issued a Certificate of Completion by ASMI.
· Registration for the training course must be made using the prescribed training course Registration Form available from ASMI.
· Completed Registration Form must be submitted to ASMI, together with full course fee. Registration fee must be made before course commencement.
· All cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Association of Singapore Marine Industries’.
Replacement of participant is allowed if the substitute meets all entry requirements and the request is made at least 3 working days before course commencement.
Any application for refund should be made in writing to ASMI.
Refund for Withdrawal:
· 100% - Two weeks before course commencement
· 70% - Within 2 weeks before course commencement
· Nil - On commencement of course
· Nil - No show
For enquiry, please contact ASMI at Tel: 6264 6436 or Fax: 6264 6486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.