|SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE FOR SHIP-REPAIR MANAGERS
To provide participants with knowledge on the legal requirements, roles and responsibilities of a Ship Repair Manager, importance of WSH and how to establish and implement RM programmes and WSH Management Systems.
Ship Repair Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Managers working in the Shipbuilding and Ship Repairing industries.
· WSH Act and Subsidiary Legislations
· Gas Free Regulations and Certification
· Relevant Codes of Practice
· Roles and Responsibilities of Ship Repair Manager and other key safety personnel
· Occupational Safety
· Occupational Health
· Risk Management
· Establish and Maintain WSH Management Systems
· Audit and Review of WSH Management Systems
32 hours (4.5 days*)
· From 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
* The course will be conducted over 4 consecutive days.
The Test will be held on the following Monday.
Theory lessons followed by end of course test:
· Theory - 28 hours
· Written Test - 4 hours comprising:
Short Questions and Essay (2 hours)
Case Studies (2 hours)
· Must be a Ship-Repair Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI)
(Approved Training Provider under the Ministry of Manpower)
· ASMI Member: $385.00 per participant ($411.95 inclusive of 7% GST)
· Non-ASMI Member: $400.00 per participant ($428.00 inclusive of 7% GST)
· The course will be held at the Marine Industry Training Centre operated by ASMI and located at:
9 Jurong Town Hall Road
#04-05 Trade Association Hub
Jurong Town Hall
· Participants who have successfully completed the course and pass the course test will be issued with a Safety Instruction Course for Ship-Repair Managers (SICSRM) Certificate of Completion by ASMI.
· Registration for the course must be made using the prescribed Registration Form available from ASMI. Completed Registration Forms must be submitted to ASMI together with full course fee.
· Payment must be made before course commencement. All cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Association of Singapore Marine Industries’.
Replacement of participant is allowed if the substitute meets all entry requirements and the request is made at least 3 working days before course commencement.
Any application for refund should be made in writing to ASMI.
Refund for Withdrawal:
· 100% - Two weeks before course commencement
· 70% - Within 2 weeks before course commencement
· Nil - On commencement of course
· Nil - No show
For enquiry, please contact ASMI at Tel: 6264 6436 or Fax: 6264 6486 or email email@example.com.